How to fix dll file missing error. The dll files can easily be corrupted or deleted for a number of reasons. However fixing this problem is fairly easy. You will need to find the file from a website that allows you to download the dll file. Discovering which dll file is missing is also just as easy. If you have a Windows Service or Windows System Error, your missing dll will part of the System32 directory on your PC. If you have an error when trying to launch a software application,you will have to search for that specific folder.
Before we begin. Simply use Google or a popular dll database to find the missing dll. You can also use a missing dll finder software. There are many available. Repair files and errow with a Registry Cleaner, click here to learn more.
Dll file missing in a specific program ie. Yahoo messenger
- Click the Windows Start Button
- Choose Computer
- Select the Drive which your Windows is installed.
- Choose Program Files, Select the program folder with the missing dll in this Case Yahoo Messenger Folder
- Simply paste the downloaded dll such as nspr4.dll into the directoy or replace it
- Relaunch the program
Missing Dll in Windows ServicesYou will need to search for this file in your system32 directory. You can open the directory by doing the following.
How to find a missing System32dll:
- Click Windows Start button
- Choose Computers
- Select Windows folder and double click System32
- Within the System32 directly, you can find the dll and replace it.
- If the missing dll, is not listed, you can simply paste the the downloaded dll.
- Restart your Computer or Relaunch the Windows program