One of the easiest ways to save time is to use Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts. Also knowing these shortcuts can make you more efficient and tech savvy. Being able to quickly switch tabs and delete your history can save you loads of time. Also if you are working or giving a presentation is seems a lot cooler to quickly perform a task instead having to manually move the mouse around. Here are ten Internet Explorer keyboard shortcuts.
- Deletes History
- This allows you to delete your internet history. The shortcut will bring you to your your browsing history window. You will have the option to delete all your temporary history, download history and all the history you’ve accumulated from browsing
- www. and .com
- This adds “www” to the front and “.com” to the end of any words that you type into the taskbar. This is a great internet explorer shortcut that saves you loads of time. You can escape the need to write these protocols next to the the word. For example if you type “money” into the taskbar and press CTRL+ ENTER. It will become “www.money.com”. Awesome.
- Alt + D
- Address bar text
- You are able to select the text that is in the current address bar. This is one of the better internet explorer shortcuts because it allows you quickly select this text instead of taking the time to highlight it.
- Private Browsing
- This pulls up your InPrivate browsing option. This is a great feature that allows you to avoid leaving web tracks. All data collected is temporarily stored in memory and erased once your browser is closed.
- Ctrl+ T
- New Tab
- This open a new tab in your browser. This is an easy to open a new tab in the browser.
- Go Back
- This is a quick way to go back to the previous page in your browser. This slightly quicker than the move the mouse icon and clicking the back arrow.
- This option will return you the the homepage of the current website that you are on. This internet explorer keyboard shortcut may be obsolete in new computer because their is a HOME key.
- Ctrl + [+ or -]
- Font Size
- This will allow you to increase and decrease the size of your font. This is an excellent tip to teach those you have trouble seeing the tiny font on the some pages.
- Displays previous addresses
- This will display all the address that you’ve type into the search bar
- Ctrl + 1-9
- Cycles tabs
- This can be a time saving for anyone. It allows you to quickly look at different tabs without having to move the mouse to select individual tabs.